CAN – Montreal
Sryas. Purpose, Cause, Passion™
Sryas is a technology consulting company specializing in advanced business intelligence, data integration, application development, application support and Business Process Outsourcing services, headquartered in Grand Island, NY, US. The ideas and passion of our team members and the ambitions of our customers drive our corporate philosophy and purpose.
As an end-to-end IT solutions provider, we set up smart teams who love challenges and think outside the box, to help our clients succeed. We continue to push the limits of our software solutions to ensure dynamic data integration, insight and decision optimization techniques for our customers.
We look for fun, intelligent, team players who believe in our values: customer focus, transparency, diligence, optimism, and agility to join our team !
Currently looking for Technical Business Analyst to work in a consulting environment, dealing with various software development projects. You will be a well-rounded individual with maturity, vision, and a depth of experience that allows for grasping issues quickly and making educated, critical judgements in the absence of complete information.
- Plan Business Analysis Activities
- Conduct Elicitation Activity, i.e. lead workshops, conduct interviews etc.
- Planning and estimating business analysis tasks for new projects
- Documenting Elicitation results, i.e. authoring BRDs, SRSs, presentations etc.
- Define business need, Solution scope, conduct functional decomposition and organize requirements, manage requirement traceability, translate into technical requirements, etc.
- Includes defining functional, non-functional, transition, integration, reporting, and workflow requirements, etc.
- Conducting requirements walkthrough and securing sign offs
- Prototyping and working with technical teams to create proof of concepts
- Required Business Analysis Techniques:
- Writing User Stories
- Using tools such as Visio for data and process modelling, use case diagrams
- Conduction decision, business rules, risk, and interface analysis
- 8+ years of experience as a Business System Analyst role
- Experience in End-to-end software development projects
- Exposed to different software development methodologies, i.e. Waterfall (SDLC), Agile, etc.
- Is capable of writing or validating test cases and support SIT, SFT, and UAT testing
- Background in computer science, or related field
- Excellent knowledge in SQL and relational data modelling
- Experience working on BI/Reporting, ETL and integration (ESB)/SOA projects
- Development background in languages such as .Net, Java, etc.
Considered as asset:
- Other techniques i.e. estimation, Sequence diagrams, State diagrams, class and object diagrams, etc.
- Knowledge transfer and training documentation and execution
- Experience with wireframing/prototyping tools is an asset (e.g., Axure, UXPin)
- CCBA/CBAP certification, or equivalent, an asset
Syras offers the dynamics and excitement of working in a startup environment, a leading Center of Excellence with top of the line technology and innovation.
Sryas is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.