Team Leader – Java Developer
Team Leader – Java Developer
Sryas. Purpose, Cause, Passion™
Sryas is a technology consulting company specializing in advanced business intelligence, data integration, application development, application support and Business Process Outsourcing services, headquartered in Grand Island, NY, US. The ideas and passion of our team members and the ambitions of our customers drive our corporate philosophy and purpose.
As an end-to-end IT solutions provider, we set up smart teams who love challenges and think outside the box, to help our clients succeed. We continue to push the limits of our software solutions to ensure dynamic data integration, insight and decision optimization techniques for our customers.
We look for fun, intelligent, team players who believe in our values: customer focus, transparency, diligence, optimism, and agility to join our team.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the incumbent of this position is a technical specialist who contributes to the conception, development and implementation and support of several management tools in the delivery of Bell’s Managed Services (MS) for environments such as network, security, VoIP or servers.
The incumbent will join a development team and will have to understand all requirements related to the management environment used for all the customers supported within Bell Canada Managed services operation groups
- Analyzes the needs for tools management for the corporation and its customers, evaluates them and propose solutions. Participates to the management tools conception.
- Responsible for the development and participate to the implementation.
- Participates in the elaboration of test and implementation strategies to ensure the integration and stability of the management tools.
- Participates to the planning and the coordination of activities in project deliveries
- Create documentation to illustrate the application architecture.
- Create documentation for the integration team who will support at level 1 the application.
- Provide level 2 support for the applications the incumbent will be responsible of.
- Ensures the integrity, the coherence and the optimal performance of the management tools solutions and takes charge of complex problems
- Understands and follow the operational processes, procedures and work instructions available to ensure cohesive operational activities
- In line with its area of expertise, he participates and represents the team in request for proposals, new customer’s diligent reviews, committees and others.
- University Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent or equivalent experience.
- Eight (8) years of pertinent experience in Java development/Leading teams
- Expertise with object oriented programming and the related design patterns and their applications.
- Expertise in Java and the following frameworks / technologies: apache-camel, jboss-drools, spring-framework, REST, SOAP, XML, json.
- Good knowledge Windows based development environment using Eclipse, Maven, Git.
- Good knowledge of Linux, Unix, Bash / Perl scripting.
- Good knowledge of MongoDB and NoSQL concepts.
- Good knowledge of MySQL, MSSQL and Oracle.
- Good knowledge of Visio, Word, Excel and writing technical documentation.
- Knowledge of Sonar, Jenkins, JMX an asset.
- Computer and networking technology experience an asset (Network, VoIP, Servers)
- Strong Communication Skills (English)
- Proven ability to lead a dynamic goal oriented development team.
- Strong REST, SOAP, XML, json (candidate is expected to be able to work autonomously with great analytical skills and client relationship skills)
Syras offers the dynamics and excitement of working in a startup environment, a leading Center of Excellence with top of the line technology and innovation.
Sryas is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.